Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bunco


We are going to the beach for over a week on Friday! Our first stop is in Jackson for Salena Kathryn's high school graduation Thursday night. We are so excited about having a week off for vacation. We haven't had that much time off since our honeymoon last May.


Our one year anniversary ended up being great! Jeffrey cooked red snapper and served me dinner.


This past weekend Beth Miller and I drove up to Nashville for Catherine Werne's bachelorette weekend. We had a blast! Panera, laying out before it rained, shopping, the Grand Ole Opry, and night out on the town. I am still tired! It was great having some girl time away from home. Catherine is getting married June 6th in Franklin. I still cannot believe she is getting married. I will be in need of waterproof mascara that Saturday.

So Jeffrey told me Sunday night that my happy to him from Nashville is the best present I have EVER given him. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's the game system that has a few hundred of the original Nintendo games and arcade games. We played Mario forever Sunday night and had to force ourselves to put it down. I felt like I was seven years old again. It just never gets old.


So it's hard for me to believe that one of my little sisters is graduating from high school. I remember her being born and dressing her in baby gap. It's almost like I want her to be in high school for forever. I still don't see her as being old enough even for that. So Thursday night she will be graduating and then off to Mississippi State to major in architecture in the fall. She will be going through rush, and as silly as this is, I secretly want her to pledge Chi O. Just so I can be there and celebrate with her, knowing that she will be part of something that I am or was a part of in college. It's hard to believe that I'm not still in college....just don't know how I feel about all of this growing up stuff.


I am hosting Bunco tonight at my house. I think the food I have prepared is going to be horrible. Also, am I really in Bunco?

No comments: