The Weather Vane flooded this morning. I made the second 911 call of my life. The first 911 call was a couple of years ago...while driving down 78 I noticed a half dressed man standing in the median. He looked a little lost and I thought it would be a good idea to notify someone. Anyway, I arrived at work this morning and was planning on being by myself for the day. I was turning lamps on, walked to the back of the store, and noticed I was standing in water. So I called Resa(the owner)and she arrived right as the toilet basically exploded...it was like a natural water spring had been planted underneath the toilet....except this wasn't a natural water spring. Anyway, it was like white water rapids running out of the bathroom, so I was told to call 911. While trying to call 911, Lofton, who was on the phone with me, wouldn't hang up, which kept delaying the emergency call. So policeman, firetrucks, the landlord, the city water people and a plumbing guy all came around the same time....sirens and all. The firemen looked at us like we were idiots. So then I went to Freds and spend nearly one hundred dollars on towels that were used to clean it all up, which ended up just going into the dumpster outback. One hundred dollars gone, thankfully, not mine.
Getting off at five o clock today and headed home to pack for the hospital!
1 comment:
Wow - what a day!! Is everything at the store ok now?
I can't wait to meet Brinson, too! I know you're excited to be an aunt!!
Post a Comment