Spiritual Formation, Missional Life, Women's ministry, Church leadership, marriage and family, and Hot Topics.
So good!
Little Brinson Grace Gay was born last Thursday and is perfectly healthy! She is at home with mom and dad, who are also doing great. Jeffrey is so sweet with her. It's been neat to see him loving on a little baby. He loves her so much. We both do!
So I was watching WKNO last week. They were doing a special called "Beyond Babyland." It was pretty sad actually. It was a documentary about the infant mortality rate in Memphis. I was shocked. They compared Memphis to third world countries. Part of the documentary was about a church getting involved in inner city Memphis and establishing a half way house for troubled teens. One woman from Hope Presbyterian, became friends with a seventeen year old girl who was expecting a baby. She accompanied the teen on doctor check ups, threw her a baby shower, educated her on being pregnant and becoming a mom, became her mentor and friend, ect. I thought this was the coolest thing. The woman from church didn't have any degree or something that certified her to do so, it was just something she wanted to do. It really spoke to me and I think I would like to do something like this in Oxford. You can volunteer at the Pregnancy Test Center in Oxford. I haven't called yet, so not really sure what that would entail. We shall see!
2 comments:
What an original title! haha
Thanks for the updates!
seriously? January 26th??
Here's something for you to write about...I left you a funny little blog award, so check my blog for it :)
Post a Comment