Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blog for the month....January 2011

So here is a blog for my three followers.....

Thought I would write a little update as to what Jeffrey and I have been up to lately.  

First....Happy New Year!  This past new years eve was the first Jeffrey and I have spent apart since we've been together.  Jeffrey came down with the flu the day after Christmas and after a couple of days of taking care of him, he stayed at home to get well and I headed down to Jackson.  I was so ready to see my family!  But felt pretty badly about leaving the invalid at home to fend for himself.  Every time I called him it seemed like I was just waking him up.  My parents and Jeffrey both advised me to stay in Jackson through new years so that I wouldn't catch what he had.  Which always happens by the way...he gets sick every Thanksgiving or Christmas and I catch it.  He's out a week....I'm out the next.  So new years eve for Jeffrey was spent sick and at home by himself and I was at homein Jackson, asleep at ten p.m.  So sad!  It felt weird being without him and I hope it never happens again!  
I had a lot of time off  after Christmas and it was so nice spending time with Jeffrey at home and just resting.  On January 15th, we celebrated Brinson Grace Gay's first birthday at the family's cabin.  I don't have any pictures of that right now but here is the little happy one on Christmas day.....


So January has been really wonderful so far.  We've had beautiful snow, lots of time together, got to spend time with Catherine Nail, Amanda Bruss and little Walker!  What a sweet little baby!  Catherine drove down to Oxford to meet the little Bruss man.  We picked up Papitos and hung out at Amanda's parents house.  It was fun to have the three of us back together again(plus one!), even if was just for a little bit.  

Two more exciting January happenings....Jeffrey and I are going to Dallas this weekend to visit Sarah Hunt and Hunter and we are renovating our master bathroom!  Our bathroom has a wonderful large tub but no shower!  It's kind of a strange set up, so we are knocking some walls down and completely redoing the whole thing.  We are SO excited!  Since we moved into our home two and a half years ago, any time we wanted to take a shower, we had to use the hall bathroom's shower.  Not anymore!  Here is a picture of the  master bathroom now....

I just realized I don't have a picture of the tub....or I should say the tub room.  It's just a giant room with a toilet and a bathtub.  So weird.  I'll post some pictures of the transition taking place once we get started next week.  

Jeffrey and I are really looking forward to spending two nights in Dallas this coming weekend.  We will get some much needed time with SHO and Hunter.  Here are a couple of pictures of those crazy people we like to call our friends.


So that's it for now!



No comments: