Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Thursday Projects

I'm a little bit of an impulse painter/at home project person.  I had no idea when I woke up this morning that I would be sanding and painting a table that sat at the end of our hallway.  We have a lot of hand me down furniture and some of it needs a little love.  I had just been looking at this chippendale table that needed some love for far too long.


So this is the table after I finished it.  Why I didn't take a picture of the before or during, I'll never know.  But believe me, it needed to be done. I sanded it down and then used leftover paint from when I painted our dining room a few months ago.  Then I coated it down with one layer of spar urethane.

So the next project of the day was to bake a cake for United Way's cake auction at FNC.  I am a horrible baker and I honestly cannot believe I didn't mess this one up.  It smells and looks amazing!  Mrs. Catherine Nail sent me a recipe for a pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing.

Ta Da!





The End.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You know you have to put the recipes on here for what you cook.

Sarah Beth Tew said...

oh....my...gosh............drooooooooooooooooool